Monday, August 8, 2011

Flashback Cruz

 Well, made it back from another show.  The Flashback Cruz Car Show in Bend, Oregon, is one of my favorites.  Held at Drake Park, the show setting is beautiful.  This is a well attended show, with an impressive number of participants and spectators, especially considering there was a fair going on the same weekend.
 The drive from Shasta Lake to Bend is not the most enjoyable however.  In addition to it being two lanes for a good portion of the trip, there was road construction this year, with a couple delays.  Still managed to make the trip in six hours though.
 Had I known how long we were going to be stopped for road construction, I would have gotten out and stretched my legs.
 After turning off I-5 on to Hwy 97 through Weed, CA and Klamath Falls, OR, you travel through high desert.  Bend itself is at approximately 4,000 foot elevation.  Bend is a small town of approx. 80,000.  It is a clean and inviting community.  Very nice downtown, but also a lot of attractive shopping centers spread throughout the community.
 The scenery is pretty, but it is a lot of the same thing mile after mile.
 I was by myself this trip, so I was not able to take many pictures at the show.  Busy answering questions and visiting with the extremely friendly folks of Bend.
The weather was perfect, sunny and in the low 80's.  A couple of times, between waves of people, I got a few photos.
 B.O.B. even won an award.  We attend these shows to market our conversion business and to share the benefits of electric transportation.  But winning awards is fun too.

No comments:

Post a Comment